- What are the major disorders for which Vioxx may be Used?
- How Vioxx works?
- Is any prescription required to get Vioxx?
- Dosage of Vioxx?
- What is the minimum duration for which Vioxx should be taken?
- Are there any side effects of Vioxx?
- Under what circumstances should Vioxx not be used?
- Under which storage conditions Vioxx should be kept?
- Major Drug (Vioxx and other NSAIDs) Manufacturers
- Similar Drugs
- From where can one get Vioxx?
Vioxx, a Drug consisting of Rofecoxib compound, is a medicine used for the treatment of Arthritis and other joint pains. Vioxx is used to treat the pain that occurs due to arthritis, menstrual cycle and other such pains. Vioxx comes in the category of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Vioxx/Rofecoxib is being manufactured by Merck Sharp & Dohme.
Vioxx is most commonly use for the treatment of following problems:
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a type of Arthritis where the lubricating substance, which helps in easy movement of the joints, gets decreased day by day and the problems relating to this like, pain, inflammation, and stiffness in the joints increases day by day. Also this kind of arthritis is most commonly seen in women. Vioxx helps in reducing the pain that occurs due to the decrease in content of the lubrication in the joints.
- Acute Pain: This refers to the pain in any part of the body that may occur because of the irregular functioning of any organ. Sometimes after a dental sitting one suffers from acute pain, which is almost intolerable. Vioxx has been found to be a very successful medication in such type of acute pains.
- Pain during menstrual cycle: Many females feel too much pain in the lower abdomen during their menstrual cycle. This occurs because of the nerves present in that area tends to shrink, which causes severe pain in the abdomen. Vioxx works well in such cases.
Vioxx works in a way that helps in decreasing the substances that tends to inflammation and pain. Arthritis is caused by the decrease in the lubricating substance that helps in the normal movement of the joints. An enzyme called COX-2 that is formed inside the body characterizes this decrease, and it functions to decrease the amount of the lubricating substance, thereby resulting in pain and inflammation. Vioxx reduces the amount of this enzyme so that a normal level of lubrication is maintained in the bones.
Hence Vioxx works well for patients suffering from any kind of arthritis, painful menstrual cycle, and other acute pains.
Vioxx/Rofecoxib is not meant for every individual and hence must not be taken without the advise of a doctor. Vioxx may interact with some other drug that a person is taking. It is strictly recommended to consult a medical practitioner before taking Vioxx/Rofecoxib.
Vioxx is generally recommended to be taken once in a day. Vioxx/Rofecoxib comes in 12.5mg and 25mg tablets, and the dosage of Vioxx may vary depending upon the complexity of the problem and the doctor. Vioxx/Rofecoxib may be taken with or without food but for the exact dosage of Vioxx a doctor must be consulted.
As per the research done on this uptill now, there is no specific time period identified for the duration of Vioxx use. Since the problem is not completely curable, hence there is no specific time limit for the intake of Vioxx/Rofecoxib. Vioxx and other such drugs can only reduce the intensity of the problem, and cannot cure it completely. So, Vioxx may be taken continuously if one is being benefited out of it.
- Extreme tiredness
- Stomach pain
- Abdominal pain
- Respiratory infection
Note: The intensity of the above is not too much and is generally very mild, but varies from person to person.
- If a person has allergy with Vioxx/ Rofecoxib or any other specific drug like NSAID's.
- If one is having asthma problem, Vioxx should not be taken.
- If a person is being operated, may be minor, the doctor must be informed about it before one takes Vioxx.
- If one is taking some medicine for some heart problem or problem with any other body part.
- If a person is in the habit of smoking, one must inform the doctor, because smoking may result in an increase in the intensity of side effects that Vioxx causes.
- If a female is pregnant, is planning to become pregnant or is breast feeding, Vioxx/Rofecoxib should be taken by the advice of a doctor.
Vioxx/Rofecoxib should be stored at room temperature and the place where Vioxx is kept should not have excessive moisture and temperature. However, Vioxx should be kept in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Also, as per the general indications for any medicine, Vioxx should also be thrown away if it is outdated.
- Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Shire Pharmaceuticals
- Arcoxia (Merck Sharp & Dohme)
- Bextra (Pfizer)
- Celebrex (Pharmacia)
- Celecoxib (Pharmacia)
- Eccoxolac (Viatris)
- Etodolac (Shire Pharmaceuticals)
- Etoricoxib (Merck Sharp & Dohme)
- Lodine SR (Shire Pharmaceuticals)
- Rofecoxib (Merck Sharp & Dohme)
Anyone can buy Vioxx from Online Pharmacy, which is available at a discounted price, 50% off, and the best way to get Vioxx is by logging on to http://www.abconlinepharmacy.com/ for online orders. This pharmacy provides you with drugs at cheap and affordable prices. One can order the medicine and pay through VISA, MasterCard or international money order.