- What are the major disorders for which Neurontin/Gabapentin may be Used?
- How Neurontin works?
- Is any prescription required to get Neurontin?
- Dosage of Neurontin?
- What is the minimum duration for which Neurontin/Gabapentin should be taken?
- Are there any side effects of Neurontin/Gabapentin?
- Under what circumstances should Neurontin/Gabapentin not be used?
- Under which storage conditions Neurontin/Gabapentin should be kept?
- Major Drug (Neurontin and other Anticonvulsant) Manufacturers
- SIMILAR DRUGS
- From where can one get Neurontin/Gabapentin?
Neurontin, a Drug consisting of Gabapentin compound, Neurontin/Gabapentin is an anticonvulsant or an antiepileptic drug and is basically used for the treatment of seizures and epilepsy, which is caused due to some electric disturbances in the brain. Neurontin/Gabapentin is being manufactured by Parke-Davis.
Neurontin/Gabapentin is commonly used for the treatment of seizures and epilepsy.
A seizure is a sudden, involuntary change in behavior, muscle control, consciousness, and/or sensation. A seizure is often accompanied by an abnormal electrical discharge in the brain. Symptoms of a seizure can range from sudden, violent shaking and total loss of consciousness to muscle twitching or slight shaking of a limb. Staring into space, altered vision, and difficult speech are some of the other behaviors that a person may exhibit while having a seizure.
When the frequency of seizures increases too much it is termed as Epilepsy. The problem of seizure and epilepsy starts from the brain, because of the uncontrolled transmission of electric signals in the brain.
Seizures may of different kinds and depending upon the kind the medicine may be prescribed. The area of brain from where it has started characterizes the kind of Seizure.
1. Primary generalized seizures: In these types of seizures, both parts of brain are involved collectively. Hereditary factors are important in many of these seizures.
2. Partial seizures: This is limited to only one part of brain and the problem in signals starts from a particular area of brain. Some are related to head injury, brain infection, stroke, or tumor, but in most cases the cause is unknown.
There are number of anticonvulsants available in the market, but when all the anticonvulsant medicines fail to cure seizure, Neurontin/Gabapentin is a sure shot prevention.
Although no specific findings are there that can identify the working of Neurontin/Gabapentin, but Neurontin is one anticonvulsant that is most suitable to the patients having the problem of seizures and epilepsy.
Neurontin has been found to be very successful in controlling the mixed and double state of mind of people, specially those who are not being benefited from other anticonvulsants. Neurontin/Gabapentin is used for treating mood disorders and anxiety, which start from the electric disturbances in the brain.
Neurontin/Gabapentin MUST NOT be used without the consent of a doctor. Since the problem of epilepsy is a very serious and major problem, so a doctor, on the basis of the intensity and type of seizure, can only identify the suitability of Neurontin/Gabapentin for an individual. As such Neurontin/Gabapentin has been the most trusted one, but it strictly advisable to consult a doctor, specializing in this filed.
At the start it is recommended to take 300mg of Neurontin/Gabapentin once in a day at bed time. And the dosage of Neurontin/Gabapentin may be increased to 4800mg depending upon a person’s need. However, the dosage depends from individual to individual and can be identified by a medical practitioner of this field.
Neurontin/Gabapentin has to be taken for atleast a week or so, before Neurontin can show some results. However, no specific time period can be identified for the intake of Neurontin/Gabapentin. It depends upon the mental state of an individual.
- Problem in vision
- Body shaking
Note: The intensity of the above may vary from person to person who is taking Neurontin/Gabapentin.
1. If a person has a family history of some disorder of brain, the doctor must be informed of the same, before the intake of Neurontin/Gabapentin.
2. Neurontin/Gabapentin may cause problem to lady who is pregnant or is breast feeding.
3. If a person has allergy with Neurontin/Gabapentin or any specific drug.
4. If a person has or had a liver problem, Neurontin/Gabapentin may not be advisable.
5. Persons with Diabetes must take Neurontin/Gabapentin under doctor’s guidance.
6. Neurontin/Gabapentin may not be advisable if a person has to undergo a surgery.
7. If a person is taking Neurontin/Gabapentin, any other drug or some alcoholic beverages should be taken with the consent of a doctor.
Neurontin/Gabapentin should be stored at room temperature and the place where Neurontin is kept should not have excessive moisture and temperature. However, Neurontin/Gabapentin should be kept in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Also, as per the general indications for any medicine, Neurontin/Gabapentin should also be thrown away if it is outdated.
- Roche Laboratories
- Abbott Laboratories
- Klonopin (Roche Laboratories)
- Depakote (Abbott Laboratories)
- Lamictal (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Dilantin (Parke-Davis)
- Trileptal (Novartis)
- Gabitril (Sanofi-Synthelabo)
- Topamax (Ortho-McNeil)
- Depakene (Pfizer)
- Tegretol (Novartis)
Anyone can buy Neurontin from Online Pharmacy, which is available at a discounted price, 50% off, and the best way to get Neurontin is by logging on to http://www.abconlinepharmacy.com for online orders. This pharmacy provides you with drugs at cheap and affordable prices. One can order the medicine and pay through VISA, MasterCard or international money order.