- What are the major disorders for which Differin/Adapalene may be Used?
- How Differin works?
- Is any prescription required to get Differin?
- Dosage of Differin?
- What is the minimum duration for which Differin should be taken?
- Are there any side effects of Differin?
- Under what circumstances should Differin not be used?
- Under which storage conditions Differin should be kept?
- Major Drug (Differin and other similar drug) Manufacturers
- Similar Drugs
- From where can one get Differin?
Differin, a Drug consisting of Adapalene compound, is similar to Vitamin A, and is used for the treatment of Acne. Differin/Adapalene comes in the category of drugs called Retinoids. The main function of the drugs like Differin/Adapalene is to helps the skin to renew itself more quickly and therefore reduces pimple and blackhead formation. Differin/Adapalene is being manufactured by Galderma.
Differin/Adapalene is used to treat Acne. Acne is defined as a skin disease in which the sebaceous glands become obstructed with keratin-related chemicals and result in the formation of comedo like structures.
Acne are the plugged pores (blackheads and whiteheads), pimples, and even deeper lumps (cysts or nodules) that occur on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and even the upper arms. Acne generally affects teenagers, but is not restricted to any age group; adults in their 20s - even into their 40s - can get acne. While not a life threatening condition, acne can be upsetting and disfiguring. When severe, acne can lead to serious and permanent scarring. Even less severe cases can lead to scarring.
The pores of the skin contain oil glands, which lubricates the hair and skin. Sometimes a pore may become 'clogged' with too much oil, dead skin cells, and even bacteria, causing acne. If a pore becomes clogged, closes, and then bulges out, one has a whitehead. If a pore becomes clogged but stays open, the top may darken and it leaves a blackhead.
Sometimes when the walls of the pore become damaged it allows bacteria and dead skin to work their way under the live skin. This leaves a red, but small infection called a pimple. Clogged pores that are open deep in the skin cause cysts, which are generally infections larger than pimples.
Acne is generally caused by the build up of oil and dead skin in a pore, which is inturn caused by Natural hormones, Plugged skin, Bacteria, Family background, etc.
Differin/Adapalene has been found to very successful in the treatment of acne problems.
Differin/Adapalene is a kind of Retinoids that help open clogged pores through a mild peeling effect. Differin work to expel acne plugs and prevent new ones from forming. Differin are generally prescribed for the treatment of comedones and microcomedones, in noninflammatory acne or mild to moderate inflammatory acne. If started early, there is a significant rate of improvement among its users.
Differin/Adapalene unplugs the clogged pores, allowing other topical medications, such as antibiotics to enter the hair shaft and fight underlying infection. A topical antibiotic is often used along with a topical Differin, an oral antibiotic, and benzoyl peroxide.
Differin/Adapalene is not meant for every individual and hence must not be used without the advise of a doctor. Differin may or may not be suitable to every individual, and one should consult a dermatologist before using Differin/Adapalene.
Differin/Adapalene comes in the form of gel, and is generally applied 2 times in a day. However, one should consult a doctor for the exact usage of Differin.
Differin/Adapalene should be used for atleast 3-4 months. Differin and other such drugs can only reduce the intensity of the problem, and should be used in conjunction with certain other oral medicines. Also, Differin/Adapalene may be taken continuously if one is being benefited out of it.
- Blistering or crusting skin
- Severe skin redness or swelling
- Mild burning or stinging
- Itching, scaling, or dry skin
- Sensitivity to sunlight, wind, or cold
Note: The intensity of the above is not too much and is generally very mild, but varies from person to person.
- Differin/Adapalene should be used with precaution, when one is in the area of cold temperature and winds.
- If a person has allergy with Differin/Adapalene or any other specific drug.
- If one has problem of eczema or surnburn, Differin/Adapalene should not be used.
- While using Differin, one should not use medicated cosmetics or cover-ups, abrasive or medicated soaps or cleansers, products with alcohol, spice, or lime in them, hair removal products, etc.
Differin/Adapalene should be stored at room temperature and the place where it is kept should not have excessive moisture and temperature. However, Differin/Adapalene should be kept in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Also, as per the general indications for any medicine, Differin should also be thrown away if it is outdated.
- Isotretinoin capsules (Roche)
- Isotretinoin gel (Stiefel)
- Isotrex Gel (Stiefel)
- Retin-A (Janssen-Cilag)
- Roaccutane (Roche)
- Tretinoin (Janssen-Cilag)
Anyone can buy Differin from Online Pharmacy, which is available at a discounted price, 50% off, and the best way to get Differin is by logging on to http://www.abconlinepharmacy.comfor online orders. This pharmacy provides you with drugs at cheap and affordable prices. One can order the medicine and pay through VISA, MasterCard or international money order.