Product InformationCipralex (Escitalopram) increases the amount of neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain by blocking the resorption of serotonin from the synapse, having little effect of other receptors, which is why it is called a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). Cipralex (Escitalopram) is directly derived from antidepressant citalopram (Celexa), by removing the therapeutically inactive R-citalopram component. R-citalopram is an enantiomer, which is one of a pair of chemical compounds, prefixed by either S- or R-, whose molecular structures have a mirror-image relationship to each other, also referred as stereoisomers. This structure is a product of chemical synthesis and also characterizes other SSRI drugs like fluoxetine (Prozac).
Cipralex (Escitalopram) seems to be more effective at lower dosages than citalopram (e.g. 10mg of escitalopram is effective as 40mg of citalopram). Some studies indicate that Cipralex (Escitalopram) is also quicker and causes fewer side effects and drug interactions problems. Other studies find Cipralex (Escitalopram) to be very similar to Celexa (citalopram) in terms of side effects.
The recommended dose of Cipralex (Escitalopram) is 10mg/day. If the dose is increased to 20mg/day, this should occur after a minimum of one week. Cipralex (Escitalopram) should be administered once daily, in the morning or evening, with or without food.
Cipralex (Escitalopram) Side effects:
Headaches, nausea, insomnia, vivid dreams, dry mouth.
May not subside until discontinuation:
Sexual side effects (e.g. ejaculation problems, libido decreased).
Somnolence, sweating increased, fatigue, tremor (shaking).
To help you remember to take Cipralex (Escitalopram), take it around the same time every day, in the morning or in the evening. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take Cipralex (Escitalopram) exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of Cipralex (Escitalopram) or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor may start you on a low dose of Cipralex (Escitalopram) and increase your dose after 1 week.
It may take 1-4 weeks or longer before you feel the full benefit of Cipralex (Escitalopram). Continue to take Cipralex (Escitalopram) even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Cipralex (Escitalopram) without talking to your doctor, especially if you have taken large doses for a long time. Your doctor will probably decrease your dose gradually.
Before taking Cipralex (Escitalopram),
- tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to Lexapro (escitalopram), citalopram (Celexa), or any other medications.
- do not take Cipralex or Lexapro(Escitalopram) if you are taking an MAO inhibitor such as phenelzine (Nardil) or tranylcypromine (Parnate) or have stopped taking them in the last 2 weeks.
- you should know that Cipralex and Lexapro (Escitalopram) are very similar to another SSRI, citalopram (Celexa). You should not take these medications together.
- tell your doctor or pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking. Be sure to mention anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin); antihistamines; carbamazepine (Tegretol); cimetidine (Tagamet); ketoconazole (Sporanox); lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid, Lithotabs); medications for anxiety, mental illness, or seizures; metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL); other antidepressants such as desipramine (Norpramin); sedatives; sleeping pills; sumatriptan (Imitrex); and tranquilizers. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have recently had a heart attack and if you have or have ever had bipolar disorder; seizures; or liver, kidney, thyroid, or heart disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Cipralex (Escitalopram), call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking Cipralex (Escitalopram).
- you should know that Cipralex (Escitalopram) may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this medication affects you.
- remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by Cipralex (Escitalopram)
Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, continue your normal diet. If you forget to take a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
- What are the most common problems for which Cipralex/Escitalopram is used?
- How does Cipralex/Escitalopram work?
- Is any prescription required to get Cipralex/Escitalopram?
- Dosages of Cipralex/Escitalopram?
- What is the minimum duration for which Cipralex/Escitalopram should be taken?
- Are there any side effects of Cipralex/Escitalopram?
- Under what circumstances Cipralex/Escitalopram should not be used?
- Under which storage conditions Cipralex/Escitalopram should be kept?
- Major drug Manufacturers
- Similar drugs Cipralex/Escitalopram
- From where can one get Cipralex/Escitalopram?
Cipralex belongs to the group of a type of antidepressant known as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) medication drugs and generally used for the treatment or relives and management of depression and generalized anxiety disorder. Cipralex/Escitalopram works by increasing levels of a neurotransmitter called serotonin in the brain. Increased serotonin levels can lead to an improved mood. Cipralex comes in category of drugs called also Escitalopram. Cipralex is being manufactured by Lundbeck Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc. and is available in 10mg and 20mg Tablets.
Cipralex/Escitalopram belongs to the type of antidepressant known as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) medication drugs and generally used for the treatment or relives and management of depression.
Cipralex/Escitalopram is more useful for those patients who suffered to the problems of generalized anxiety disorder (excessive worrying that is difficult to control).
Cipralex/Escitalopram is also used for the treatment and relieves of Panic disorder with or without agoraphobia.
Cipralex/Escitalopram is also used for the treatment, prevention and relieves of Fear of social situations (social phobia or social anxiety disorder).
Cipralex/Escitalopram may also be used for relieve other conditions that determined by your doctor or consultant.
Cipralex/Escitalopram belongs to the group of a type of antidepressant known as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) medication drugs and generally used for the treatment or relives and management of depression and generalized anxiety disorder. Cipralex/Escitalopram works by increasing levels of a neurotransmitter called serotonin in the brain. Increased serotonin levels can lead to an improved mood. Cipralex/Escitalopram medicine acts on nerve cells in the brain. In the brain there are numerous different chemical compounds called neurotransmitters. These act as chemical messengers between the nerve cells. Serotonin is one such neurotransmitter and has various functions. When serotonin is released from nerve cells in the brain it acts to lighten mood. It is thought that when depression occurs, there may be a decreased amount of serotonin released from nerve cells in the brain. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) works by preventing serotonin from being reabsorbed back into the nerve cells in the brain. This helps prolong the mood lightening effect of any released serotonin. Therefore Cipralex/Escitalopram helps relieve depression, panic and fear.
Yes, prescription is necessary, one most not to use Cipralex/Escitalopram without prescription. Some times in such conditions Cipralex/Escitalopram is more harmful for health so, it is better to use Cipralex/Escitalopram under doctor's guidance or according to your medical consultant.
Cipralex/Escitalopram Tablets always takes under doctor's guidance. The recommended dosages of Cipralex/Escitalopram Tablets will be different for different patients as directed by doctor. You continue to take it for as long as your doctor prescribes it. You may take Cipralex/Escitalopram Tablets once daily either before meals or after meals with a full glass of water, and whichever you find more convenient. Take Cipralex/Escitalopram exactly as directed.
The duration of taking Cipralex/Escitalopram is not constant; it depends according to the problem. Your doctor or consultant can describe you better about the time period for which duration Cipralex/Escitalopram should be taken or until the medication is deemed effective. Your dose may need to be defined by your doctor or healthcare professional.
Possible side effects that occur during the uses of Cipralex/Escitalopram:
- Allergic reaction
- Decreased appetite
- Decreased sex drive
- Dry mouth
- Ejaculation disorder
- Flu-like symptoms
- Runny nose
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal dreaming
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- High blood pressure
- Hot flushes
- Increased appetite
- Joint pain
- Lack of concentration
- Lack of energy
- Lack of orgasm
- Menstrual cramps
- Muscle pain
- Nasal congestion
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Pain in arms or legs
- Ringing in the ears
- Sinus congestion
- Sinus headache
- Urinary problems
- Weight changes
If you have an allergy to Cipralex/Escitalopram Tablets or any other ingredients of this medicine, then should not be used.
If you have suffering to the Liver disease, Cipralex/Escitalopram should not be used without consulting of doctor.
If you have suffering to the problem of seizures or Epilepsy, Cipralex/Escitalopram should not be used without consulting of doctor.
If you have suffering to the problem of heart disease, Cipralex/Escitalopram should not be used without consulting of doctor.
If you have suffering to the problem of mania or hypomania, Cipralex/Escitalopram should not be used without consulting of doctor.
If you have suffering to the problems as bleeding tendencies, Cipralex/Escitalopram should not be used without consulting of doctor.
If you have suffering to the problem of kidney disease, Cipralex/Escitalopram should not be used without consulting of doctor.
If you have suffering to the problem like Diabetes mellitus, Cipralex/Escitalopram should not be used without consulting of doctor.
If you have suffering to the pregnancy or plan to be pregnant, Cipralex/Escitalopram should not be used without consulting of doctor.
If you have suffering to the breastfeeding, Cipralex/Escitalopram should not be used without consulting of doctor.
Cipralex/Escitalopram should be stored in cupboard at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not store Cipralex/Escitalopram Tablets in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places. Keep always Cipralex/Escitalopram medicine out of the reach of children.
- Lundbeck Pharmaceutical
- Forest Laboratories
- Eli Lilly Pharmaceutical
- Glaxo Smith Kline Pharmaceutical
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- Wyeth Laboratories
- Parke-Davis Pharmaceuticals
- Organon Pharmaceuticals
Anyone can buy Cipralex/Escitalopram from Online Pharmacy, which is available at a discounted price, 50% off, and the best way to get Cipralex/Escitalopram is by logging on to http://www.abconlinepharmacy.com for online orders. This pharmacy provides you with drugs at cheap and affordable prices. One can order the medicine and pay through VISA, MasterCard or international money order.